Wednesday, March 30, 2016

     (Nora leaves the house, and moves back to her home town with her old friends, and family, she missed very much.  She moved into her cousin's small ranch on the farm.  After six months of living on this farm with her cousin, Marc, and his five kids Janet, Joshua, Jamal, Jordan, and Jaylyn she gets a call from an unknown number.)


Marc: (phones ringing) Wait a minute. . . I'm coming. . . (answers phone) Hello?


Dr. Rank:  Hello, is Nora there at the moment?


Marc:  Yes why, she's in the back.


Dr. Rank:  Can you call for her, I really need to speak with her.


Marc: yeah sure.  (calling for her) Nora! Nora! The phone!


Nora:  Coming, Marc! (she runs to the backdoor with buckets of cow milk.  She places them down) Thanks. (grabs phone) Hello? Who is this?


Dr. Rank:  Nora?


Nora:  I think you have the wrong person, who is this?


Dr. Rank:  It's me. Have you already forgotten my voice? You've only been gone for about six months. 


Nora:  If this is you, Helmer, I don't want to talk.


Dr. Rank:  No! No, no it's me, Rank.


Nora:  What? Listen I don't know who this is but that is not funny.


Dr. Rank:  It is me I survived the TB I'm fine, that's why you never got the letter with the black cross on it. 


(Nora stumbles back, drops the phone, and passes out, she is rushed to the hospital and is about to finally wake up.  In the room is Nora and one other person.)


Nora:  ( her eyes open very slowly) Rank?



4 comments:

  1. I like that. Juicy ending, keep up the good work moose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you added more characters to the story, it really made it seem like it was more entertaining even though only one of the new characters spoke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the way you changed the setting completely and added new characters helped to add interest to this ending. Also bringing back a character that we thought was dead was a smart idea. Nora didn't recognize his voice at all and almost hung up on him but was taken back when she found out who it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the way you changed the setting completely and added new characters helped to add interest to this ending. Also bringing back a character that we thought was dead was a smart idea. Nora didn't recognize his voice at all and almost hung up on him but was taken back when she found out who it was.

    ReplyDelete